Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Lost my ladders on the motorway

On 13/07/2018 19:20, ARW wrote:
Can anyone guess who fitted them to the roof of my van?

The same apprentice you zapped with a megger?

Actually it was not very funny.

I did, with the help of a bloke in a pickup with orange flashing lights
on the roof that stopped to help manage to get them off the motorway
(they were blocking lanes 2 and 3) throw them down the banking of the
hard shoulder, get the motorway running again and **** off before the
police arrived.

Strictly, of course, it's the driver's responsibility to check the
safety of the load. If somebody had been hurt, you could have done time,
not the apprentice. I could work with a lazy bugger, and have done so,
but I'm not sure that I could cope with somebody who could land me in jail.