Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default RAS blade wobble

On 7/11/2018 1:14 PM, findthehumorinthings wrote:
replying to DCH, findthehumorinthings wrote:
I know this forum is dated, but thought I would contribute a key finding on
older Craftsman RAS saws.Â* I just picked up a 1979 model.Â* Hardly used.
First
thing I noticed was blade wobble.Â* Confirmed it was the motor shaft.
Removed
the blade and blade washers.Â* Noticed a rolled pin through the shaft to
hold
the motor shaft to the inside bolt next to the motor.Â* Pulled that
rolled pin
and checked the motor shaft again.Â* It's now completely straight.
Looked at
the hole where the pin was.Â* It was not lined up.Â* It was drilled
incorrectly
in the factory.Â* I'm likely going to redrill that hole so I can fasten
the pin
in again, but that was a reasonably easy fix for a bad manufacturing
problem
that caused this saw to sit in a garage for almost 40 years, unused.

I'm having a hard time conceptualizing this...how about posting a link
to a picture???