Posted to rec.woodworking
findthehumorinthings findthehumorinthings is offline

Default RAS blade wobble

replying to DCH, findthehumorinthings wrote:
I know this forum is dated, but thought I would contribute a key finding on
older Craftsman RAS saws. I just picked up a 1979 model. Hardly used. First
thing I noticed was blade wobble. Confirmed it was the motor shaft. Removed
the blade and blade washers. Noticed a rolled pin through the shaft to hold
the motor shaft to the inside bolt next to the motor. Pulled that rolled pin
and checked the motor shaft again. It's now completely straight. Looked at
the hole where the pin was. It was not lined up. It was drilled incorrectly
in the factory. I'm likely going to redrill that hole so I can fasten the pin
in again, but that was a reasonably easy fix for a bad manufacturing problem
that caused this saw to sit in a garage for almost 40 years, unused.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...le-340423-.htm