Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default DMM banana jack inputs

On Fri, 22 Jun 2018 10:15:33 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

The solder joints look fine... OK I just retouched them... same deal,
(just as well cause I already spent $30 on the part Jeff linked to. :^)

If the soldering is fine, then my best guess(tm) is that there's a
broken spot weld or press fit connection between the pin that goes
into the PCB, and the actual connection to the brass threads inside
the banana jack. If I'm right, the pin might fall out when you
unsolder it.

When I replace it, I'll butcher the old one and see if I can find anything.

Umm... it's called an autopsy.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558