Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron D. Ron D. is offline

Default How to repair the LCD display of a digital watch

For info on the elestometric connector look for "zebra strip".

I had moderate success in repairing watch LCD's. They don't like water. Sometimes you can take a pair of polarized sunglasses and rotate them and the image will come back through the polarizer. At one point I found the polarizing material.

In a Seiko watch I really loved had a non round watch crystal. I had the ability at work to actually cut a piece of quartz on a diamond saw and make a watch crystal.

There is a Timex close to the Seiko, so I have to settle for that,

My problems were not the connector. Once you know how the connector works, you can likely re-position. Just think of fine wires of a certain pitch embedded into insulating rubber. There is other ways of doing the connector too e.g. alternating layers of a conductive elastomer.