Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] sportsbob1.bl@gmail.com is offline

Default How to repair the LCD display of a digital watch

I have an old timex marathon watch. Model number 745 e or f 8. It has water damage to the LCD screen. Will isopropyl alcohol or anything else help get this black streak mark out on the LCD screen? Will cleaning up the rust in the LCD screen help as well or is it just to late? Timex will not replace this LCD screen as this watch is so old it has been discontinued. I would post a picture of the damaged watch with the bad LCD screen but I don't know how. I can also say this, when taking into a watch repair place, they took the LCD screen apart and it when putting it back together the little black streak mark across the watch went from little to big! They made the situation worse! Please help me with this as to anyone having suggestions. My name is Robert! Thanks!