Posted to alt.home.repair

Default update, was: any window air conditioners with "sleeves" stillmade?

On 06/17/2018 10:45 PM, danny burstein wrote:

[snip]

I paid $350 for a 10,000 BTU unit back in 1975... Today I can
buy one for $200. That's in "current" dollars both then and
now. Adjusted for inflation, well...

(reasons for the lowerprices left as an exercise to the student)

I see a lot of older (before central A/C was common) that have 240V 20A
receptacles in bedrooms. A/C units must be a lot more efficient,
considering I've seen a room cooled adequately by a unit that used 120V
at less than 5A.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Theists have good reasons for not believing in every god but their own.
Atheists make no exception for the last one." -- Brett Lemoine