Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Wireless Cuts Out - Interference ?

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 02:30:54 -0700, Mike S wrote:

On 6/18/2018 1:55 AM, wrote:
On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 11:11:14 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 3:55:08 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 6:26:42 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Every once in a while it disconnects. When I go to "Connect to" it can't find any
networks.

That reminds me. I heard a couple of people talking about about making a paper cube and covering it with aluminum foil and putting it near the router. I never tried it, though.

Hmmm, maybe some sort of reflector would help the reception upstairs...

Or, I've also heard that putting an empty paper-towel or toilet-tissue roll covered inside and out with aluminum foil there can help, too.

Ever heard of the 'cantenna'?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantenna
https://jacobsalmela.com/2013/09/07/...wi-fi-antenna/

Or, a wi-fi reflector:
https://www.google.com/search?q=wifi+reflector&tbm=isch
There are also wok, salad bowl, colander, DBS dish, etc reflectors.

My salad bowl reflector for USB wi-fi dongles:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/antennas/Salad-Dish/
It's not quite parabolic, but close enough to be usable.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D