Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default single band resistor??

On Fri, 15 Jun 2018 09:44:20 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 23:09:23 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

A friend is trying to identify a device on a circuit board. It is
identified as a resistor (R34) and looks like a resistor, but only has
one band. If that band was black I;d say it was a "zero ohm_ reistor
- aka a "jumper" but this is a single blue band at the one end. Looks
like about a 1/2 watt.

There are actually 2 of them on the board.
It is the probe board from an Amprobe ACD14 Plus which has gone out of
calibration. No schematics are available -and apparently no parts
either.

- google search only I'm not versed in electronics
- is it related to a zener diode - see link - and poorly labeled ?
.. click on the thumbnail photo to enlarge

https://www.electronicspoint.com/thr...i-melf.244149/

John T.

Most definitrely NOT a zener, Not at akk simuikar to the one shown.