Posted to rec.woodworking
Dr. Deb[_5_] Dr. Deb[_5_] is offline

Default Phase converter

On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 12:55:25 AM UTC-5, Bill wrote:
I was looking at a jointer with a 3HP 3-phase motor. I'd like to
run this from my home which has 220v. Would I be able to run it
on a 20A (preferably) or 30A circuit?

Can you give me an example of a "phase converter" which would be
up to the task? I saw one for $89, but I couldn't tell whether
it would be up to the task or not. I imagine it might be wiser
to avoid 3-phase and keep looking, but I thought I would check
with the experts here first.

Thanks!
Bill

Bill, I blew the inverter on my WoodFast lathe a about a year ago and went looking for a replacement. I finally settled on a direct replacement, via Ebay. But in the process, I noticed Grizzly has several and the price is not all that bad.

Just a thought.