Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default single band resistor??

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 14 Jun 2018 23:09:23 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

A friend is trying to identify a device on a circuit board. It is
identified as a resistor (R34) and looks like a resistor, but only has
one band. If that band was black I;d say it was a "zero ohm_ reistor
- aka a "jumper" but this is a single blue band at the one end. Looks
like about a 1/2 watt.

There are actually 2 of them on the board.
It is the probe board from an Amprobe ACD14 Plus which has gone out of
calibration. No schematics are available -and apparently no parts
either.

sci.electronics.repair

As to parts, you can grind up walnut shells and mix it with some copper
dust and press it into the shape of a resistor. I have no idea what its
value will turn out to be, but it's a good activity for a rainy weekend.