Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LCD has ghosting segments problem (in Pioneer KEXM8076ZT, P1708)

There is no uploading here, you have to have some image hosting. there are a bunch of free ones, and I know none of them are perfect, that's why I don't have one. I used to have Dropbox but when they told me I had to update my OS I told them to go pound salt.

Most of those LCDs are connected by a zebra strip. It is not supposed to ever go bad. I would see about a replacement before even taking it apart.

I would like to assume that if you order the LCD with the PCB you get one but never assume anything.

Zebra strips are only partly standardized, and to cut them you need extreme accuracy.

You might want to see if you could maybe squeeze the whole mess together, might work might not.