Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adam[_9_] Adam[_9_] is offline

Default LCD has ghosting segments problem (in Pioneer KEXM8076ZT, P1708)

I have a Pioneer KEXM8076ZT, P1708 (Mobile Electronics: Radio/Cassette
Player) with a bad LCD (ghosting segments).

I found a couple of relevant parts...

1) Pioneer CWM4931 - LCD with PCB
2) Pioneer CAW1385 - LCD only

Even better, someone posted a YT video fixing LCD ghosting segments just
by cleaning the contacts on his Fluke 85 Multimeter...

How to bring LCD Ghost Segments back from the Dead...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTulo_SIE6E

Not sure whether I can clean the contacts on my Pioneer radio.
Anyone know what type of connector is used for the LCD and PCB ?
Is the connector standard or proprietary ?

I have photos but not sure how best to upload.

Thanks in advance for any help.