Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Need Hot Swap adapter for 2.5 inch ssd

In sci.electronics.repair, on Mon, 11 Jun 2018 13:44:37 -0700, Jeff
Liebermann wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 03:03:50 +0000 (UTC), root
wrote:

mike wrote:
On 6/10/2018 2:54 PM, root wrote:
I have a hot swap caddy (Antec) which allows me to plug a
3.5 inch hard drive into the system. I am trying to find
an adapter which will accept a 2.5 inch ssd to fit into
the caddy. Bytecc seemed to offer such an adapter, but
it only fits into a 3.5 inch slot with no capability
of engaging the connections.

I would appreciate any information about the availability
if such an adapter.

Thanks.

Kingwin HDCV-4

I also have a hot swap caddy that can accept
3.5 and 2.5 at the same time.
It works, but the plastic mechanism is very flexible
and I'm afraid I'm gonna break it with every ejection.

Thanks for responding. I just ordered the HDCV-4 from NewEgg.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA8HV54A2408
Except for the lack of ventilation, it looks ok.

I do have a Kingwin Hot Swap Caddy that takes the 2.5 drive,
but the caddies are no longer available from Kingwin.

Caddy? I just use the SSD with some folded over tape to help extract
it. The 4 side mounting brackets for the 2.5" drive act as guides. No
caddy needed.

Usually use this Rosewell adapter:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816132098
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816132098R

How is it that vendors have so many open box items? It seems like once
in a while someone would send something back, so there could be one,
maybe 2 of something, but often I see whole webpages for individual open
box items