Posted to sci.electronics.repair
root root is offline

Default Need Hot Swap adapter for 2.5 inch ssd

mike wrote:
On 6/10/2018 2:54 PM, root wrote:
I have a hot swap caddy (Antec) which allows me to plug a
3.5 inch hard drive into the system. I am trying to find
an adapter which will accept a 2.5 inch ssd to fit into
the caddy. Bytecc seemed to offer such an adapter, but
it only fits into a 3.5 inch slot with no capability
of engaging the connections.

I would appreciate any information about the availability
if such an adapter.

Thanks.

Kingwin HDCV-4

I also have a hot swap caddy that can accept
3.5 and 2.5 at the same time.
It works, but the plastic mechanism is very flexible
and I'm afraid I'm gonna break it with every ejection.

Thanks for responding. I just ordered the HDCV-4 from NewEgg.

I do have a Kingwin Hot Swap Caddy that takes the 2.5 drive,
but the caddies are no longer available from Kingwin.