Posted to alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression,alt.home.repair

Default TOM R, DUMBASS AT LARGE, AXES ABOUT "Electrical Outlets Upside Down? Code?"

On Thu, 7 Jun 2018 10:53:57 -0700, "fake vet Scatboi Colon La Edmund
J. Burke" wrote:

On 9/28/2016 6:18 PM, TomR wrote:
A friend of mine asked me today why the electrical outlets in my house were "upside down".* They are positioned with the ground pin hole at the top and the two slots of the outlet on the bottom.* I agree that, to me, they "look" like they are upside down, and I think they would "look" better with the ground pin hole on the bottom.* But, my belief is that the National Electrical Code (NEC) is silent on this question and that there is no right or wrong orientation for electrical outlets.

My friend said that he has had code enforcement officials tell him that electrical outlets with the ground pin hole on top were "upside down" and that they needed to be reversed to be with the ground pin on the bottom to pass the electrical inspection.

Is there anything in the NEC that says that one way is "upside down" and the other way is the "correct" orientation?

Yer friend's code enforcement officials are probably a bunch of banana-munchin' porch monkeys with not even the least idea of proper code.
If ya had any sense, you'd know the ground pin always goes on the top. This is a safety precaution. Say someone were to drop a metal item onto the pins carrying the load. You'd have an instant fire which even the most modern fire department could probably not extinguish.

I hope that clears up any further ignorance on your part...

What a load of ****e. I hope nobody listens to yer dumb 'advice', ya
stupid moulie!

- -

Arizona."
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), acknowledging that he lied

" My real name's McGill. The jew thing I just do for the homeboys.
They all want a pipe hitting member of the tribe, so to speak."
- Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk). "Better Call Saul" (2015)

"Die Juden sind unser Unglück!"
- Heinrich von Treitschke (1834 - 1896)

ass?"
- Klaun ****tinb'ricks (1940 - ), bemoaning the depletion of jews