B Long

Default How do I stop door from swinging open (or closed)?

One of my doors does the same thing. I checked the wall and found it was
3/8" out of plumb. I removed one hinge, laid it on concrete and hit its
center to bend it a bit. Did it twice to get enough bow to it to get it to
bind enough to keep the door at whatever position I left it. Worked for a
few months and now the door swings open again.

"trader-of-some-jacks" wrote in message
Several of my interior doors, instead of staying in whatever position
I want them in, will swing further open or closed (unless of course
they're closed all the way).

Are there any simple remedies for this? By simple I mean, short of
reframing or rehanging the door.

I don't want to use door stops. I'd just like to figure out how I can
make the doors balanced enough to remain open at 5 or 20 or 40 or
whatever number of degrees I've opened them.