Wayne Boatwright

Default How do I stop door from swinging open (or closed)?

trader-of-some-jacks wrote in
:

Several of my interior doors, instead of staying in whatever position
I want them in, will swing further open or closed (unless of course
they're closed all the way).

Are there any simple remedies for this? By simple I mean, short of
reframing or rehanging the door.

I don't want to use door stops. I'd just like to figure out how I can
make the doors balanced enough to remain open at 5 or 20 or 40 or
whatever number of degrees I've opened them.

Check the hinges to see if they need tightening. You can also shim one of
the hinges with thin cardboard which make just enough difference.

Wayne