Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default National Reboot your Router Day

On Tue, 29 May 2018 22:24:29 +0000 (UTC), Fred Smith

On 2018-05-29, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 29 May 2018 20:08:37 +0000, Jerry Peters wrote:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Thanks to media attention, the FBI has provided me with a busy day or
two. According to the press release, we're expected to reboot every
router to flush out the malware the evil Russians have installed:

I'm not bothered if the Russians hack my route (as if!) - there's far
worse than them out there.

No need to hack your own route. Just use the "route" command to
direct your packets to whever you want:
https://www.google.com/search?q=route+command

All the weekly attempts to log into my server traceroute back to
China, not Russia. I suppose it could be those fiendishly clever
Russians spoofing, of course.

Most automated attacks arrive from hijacked client computers or
botnets. For DDoS attacks, it looks like attacks originating in the
USA are the major culprits, with China in 2nd place:
http://www.digitalattackmap.com
More of the same:
https://threatbutt.com/map/
https://map.lookingglasscyber.com