Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Range Extender

Here is the scenario: We have installed remote power monitors on a primary feed (13,200 VAC) to a major hospital complex. It is measuring overall usage, demand, momentary usage (3 seconds for graphing purposes), peaks and surges. The idea is that it may be remotely monitored. As it happens, it is just a bit too far from the nearest node to be reliable.

The installer purchased a range-extender (Cisco). The range extender will connect to the local WiFi just fine. Various "things" will connect to the range extender, just fine. Those things, when connected directly to a node operate just fine. Those things when attempting to connect through the range extender act blocked - "No Internet Connection".

The system is unsecured, all security, firewalls and so forth must be software based and resident on the individual computers.

Is there an easy or obvious solution? I am not the installer, I did not conceive or design the system, I am merely asking on his behalf based on what he is reporting. However, I will be one of the end-users.

Thanks in advance!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA