kjpro

Default Stuck screw-in light bulbs.

If they do break, (make sure the power is off) and use a potato.

Push it onto the broken socket of the bulb and unscrew it.

--
kjpro
_-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-_

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_________________________ __

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message

PVR wrote:

I have some light fittings where the bulb is tightly screwed in. The

bulbs
almost appear to be glued in. I can't remove them for fear of breaking

the
bulb. Any suggestions for loosening the bulbs? How about WD 40 or some

such?

Peter.

Yep, try spraying the base of the bulb with WD 40 and let
sit for a few minutes (or overnight if you wish). You are
likly to have to bite the bullet and just twist and they may
break. No big deal, just use a leather glove and a thick
towel. Don't forget to turn the fixture off, or better,
flip the breaker. If it blub breaks try the old potato
trick-- shove a potato tapered into the base and turn the
potato. You may end up having to grab the base with a pair
of needle nose pliers and twisting the base.