jeff

Default Dishwasher stopped working mid-cycle

(Kamal) wrote in message . com...

Hi,

Yesterday, it just stopped
working mid-cycle.

Burnt main power wire ( where the main power wire enters the d/w ),
door switch(s), broken wire in the door ( esp where the door bends to
open and close ), bad selector switch, timer.....these are some common
trouble makers for going dead mid-cycle.

Could blocking of the tower opening have caused
that problem ?

Probably not.

I called GE and they asked me to trip the circuit breaker for 10 mins,
re-set and then re-try. It didn't work. I called GE again and they
asked me trip circuit breaker, turn the dishwasher knob twice and then
put the circuit breaker "on" again and then try to run the appliance.
That didn't work either.

Good try!

Now the GE service center tells me that I can have one of their techs
come in for $70. Then they will charge me another $70 to $150 for
labor + $90 to $150 for the parts to fix the problem. So their service
will cost me at least $230 and maybe even upto $370... and I would
still be stuck with an old appliance.

A lot of guessing on prices and what parts -may- be needed!!

Can anyone give me suggestions to see if the dishwasher is fixable or
I just need to throw it away and buy a new one ?

Most d/w's will last 10+ years....I'd check into seeing what is wrong
with yours and what is required to repair it before replacing
it....then you can make an educated decision.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/