Posted to sci.electronics.repair
petrus bitbyter[_2_] petrus bitbyter[_2_] is offline

Default Flourescent lamp switch

"Tom Del Rosso" schreef in bericht news
The switch mechanism cracked in my magnifying lamp. No ballast. Just a
momentary and a latching switch combined, that feed the 4 terminals on
the tube. The equivalents I find are around $20. Must be a cheaper
source. Physical shape doesn't matter much, since the hole can be
enlarged.

Thanks.

Had a similar lamp. The switch was relatively fragile and worned out fast.
At first a mounted a ordinanry universal starter that wordked for some time.
Then I replaced the old fashioned ballast by the eletronics of e fluoriscent
lamp. Worked for years as a charm. Starts fast and the tube lasts much
longer.

petrus bitbyter