Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,sci.electronics.repair
Mike S[_4_] Mike S[_4_] is offline

Default Folded phone line can mess up DSL.

On 5/12/2018 9:52 PM, Clifford Heath wrote:
On 13/05/18 14:34, Mike S wrote:
On 5/12/2018 8:22 PM, Jason wrote:
In article XnsA8E053B695DAtimothybilyahoocom@
69.16.179.28, says...
Having the wires coiled like that very likely degraded the line
electrical
characteristics to the point that you were getting a lot of lost/error
packets.

Why? Twisted pairs are resistant to interference.

Absolutely, the twisted repairs counteract interference, and each pair
is twisted at a slightly different rate to reduce crosstalk between
the pairs. Here's a simple summary.

https://www.quora.com/How-does-twist...ween-the-wires

Yes, but coiling the cable means that pairs (with twist pitch X)
interfere with other turns of themselves (still with pitch X),
so coiling the cable can increase scattering.

Agreed, I used to install DSL and I never did that.