Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pat[_25_] Pat[_25_] is offline

Default URGENT broken adapter or broken latptop

On Fri, 11 May 2018 18:39:53 +0100, "Gareth Magennis"
wrote:

I read this occasionally, but I have never come across an SMPS that will not
run without a load.

I have come across some that show overvoltage with no load, however.

Gareth.

Don't most PC power supplies stay off until that one pin is grounded
on the 24 pin motherboard connector? True that isn't exactly what you
were talking about, but it might give a novice the impression the
supply won't start without a load becasue unplugging the load shuts
down the supply.