Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default URGENT broken adapter or broken latptop

On 5/10/2018 11:14 PM, wrote:
On Friday, 11 May 2018 04:41:46 UTC+1, Python Studios wrote:

I was watching a youtube video when I realized that my ac/dc adapter was unplugged from the wall and grounding unit. I plugged it back in and my laptopl froze then made a loud buzzing sound. I imeditaly turned it off and on, there were 0 probelms. Then, when I made sure that my power cord was working, I plugged it in and nothing. When I remove it, the screen flashes black for about 1/5 of a second this is only external. I don't know if my adapter has been fried or the power component in my laptop has been. I am rushing this post because I only have 17% left on my latptop and this is the only device I have. I am backing up everything and I also ran power diagnostics. Please, if you have any information on how to check if one is broken or the other, respond immeditally. Sorry for the bad post, but time is limited. Tomorrow, I am going to try and build a charger (usb) for it with some extremely low output batteries and capacitors 130maH in total.
yes, I am on it now for those of you who are "slow".

a multimteter will tell you what's coming out of the psu.

It's hard to get a connection to the interface between the PS
and the computer when it's plugged in.
Measuring the PS unloaded can tell you if it's dead, but not
much else.
junk snipped