Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TIP: avoiding dried up/blocked ink-jet carts

"Unless you have a heavy duty printer, it is often better just to get a
new one."

1. I got time on my hands.

2. I am sick of this "You can buy" ****, all of which sends our borrowed money overseas. And if you think YOU don't use credit, the dollars are on credit. Anytime I can keep money from foreigners I think that is good.

I do have a LASER printer, but this one avoids a trip to the basement. It's also the only FAX machine in the house and while it would send it wouldn't print so... Also could not print the confirmation of a sent FAX.

I am also going through stuff to work on, I got time. I haven't been able to work for awhile so I need to get my legs back so to speak. Next is a microwave bought in 1992. When they were $ 89 this one was $ 150 wholesale. A new one will not outlast it. It has a burned out light, a bad connection, I think to the gate of the triac, and I am going to trow a capacitor in it whether it is good or not. (seems like it used to have more power.

New and improved means improved profits for the manufacturer, cheaper to produce and as a result harder to work on usually.

"For what they pay for that conract, they could probalby buy everyone a new printer every year. "

Well, a local grocery store has 8 oz. cans of sauce or 20 cents or a 15.5 ox can of he same thing for 69 cents. A bag boy didn't set those prices. Don't expect brains from anyone.

And now, if this printer ever needs cleaning agian it will be a 15 minute job.