Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Any Reason Not To Use A Rockler Cross Cut Sled?

On 4/16/2018 12:22 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 09:23:44 -0400, Jack wrote:

On 4/15/2018 11:25 AM, Leon wrote:
On 4/15/2018 8:59 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 9:19:30 AM UTC-4, Jack wrote:
On 4/14/2018 3:26 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 4/13/18 7:59 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/13/2018 2:30 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
You'll notice I didn't say "buy", I said "use".

I'll start by saying that I don't need another cross cut sled. I've
made 2 of my own, a large one and
a small one. They work perfectly fine.

The only thing I'm curious about is whether or not there is anything
inherently wrong with the
Rockler Cross Cut sled. Yes, it cost $150. Yes, the drop-off platform
is another $38. Yes, it is
constructed of materials known to be harmful to residents of
Califormia. But you don't have to
pay for it and you don't live in CA. (Well, most of you don't.)

If someone *gave* you a Rockler Cross Cut sled and drop-off table, is
there a specific reason (or
reasons) that you would forgo it's use and continue using your home
made sled, other than the
emotional attachment to your good ole sled?

www.rockler.com/tablesaw-crosscut-sled

Well, it is a copy of the Dubby. If you are going to get it for free,
jump on it. If you were going to buy you should consider the Dubby.
It is larger and you can buy for either side get both. Mine are
almost 20 years old. Very accurate.

http://www.in-lineindustries.com/pro...able-saw-sled/

I guess I should show mine, again. :-)
https://youtu.be/DPg5xdeyCQk

Very nice Mike. I have a bunch of 4x8' 3/4" ceder plywood painted white
from an above ground pool I destructed and made a couple of sliding
tables from it, looks just like the stuff you used, and wonder if that's
where you got your painted plywood?

Anyhow, that is a nice sled, but pretty sure it won't work as you
actually made it yourself instead of spending a huge wad of cash like
some in this group seem to require in order to cut a straight line.
Something about the more you spend, the straighter the line, or 'I buy
it because I can'. I like the 'I build it because I can' stuff. You can,
and did. Excellent.

You just can't help yourself can you?

Eaten up with jealousy as his comments and views are irrelevant and most
often out of touch.

Hey, perfect punctuation, and you actually typed something before sending.

+1

Even a blank post has a higher information content than yours.

-1

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com