Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default How to stain oak butcher block island top to look like cherry.

On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 17:50:54 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/15/2018 2:14 PM, Deb Alberts wrote:
I have an oak boos butcher block island countertop that I have been
oiling for
many years.* Now have darker cherry flooring and would like the butcher
block
to be more of a similar shade.* What is the best way to go about this?

You can enjoy the contrast or do this:
http://www.formica.com/en/us/product...laminate/07759

I think any sanding and staining will just look ugly in the end.

You would cover butcher block? But with it well oiled how well would
contact cement work over time? Put in a nice contrasting quartz maybe.
Or did I miss a smiley somewhere?

But then finding a food safe stain, getting it prepped with it being
consistently oiled, no quick fixes I can think of.