Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Cutting boards made of UHMW???

On 4/14/2018 7:12 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 14 Apr 2018 15:11:30 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 4/13/2018 10:25 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 13 Apr 2018 20:02:55 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 4/12/2018 5:01 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 4:53:46 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 4/12/2018 11:34 AM, dpb wrote:
On 4/12/2018 10:59 AM, Leon wrote:

Give me numers over spell'n.Â* ;~)

Who was it who said it was a mighty poor fella' who couldn't think of
more than one way to spell a word?Â* Mark Twain, maybe???...can't recall.

--

YES... Him and that Samuel Clemens guy. ;~)

The way I heard it was that it takes a pretty intelligent person to be
able to spell a word more than one way. LOL

Then again, misspelled words could indicate a lack of attention to detail. I want
any document that I get from my attorney or tax guy to be dead nuts perfect.

Spelling errors are a big red fleg. ;-)

Well I guess it is a good thing that we are not talking attorneys or taxes.

Not in polite company, anyway.

And FWIW, what attorney actually produces the final copy of a document.

You've never heard of a "Final Notice"? They're usually written by
lawyers. I love the term "final draft", though.

I think they are dictated by attorneys but seldom actually typed/printed
in final form by an attorney. I'm sure there are exceptions and
especially with smaller firms or lone attorneys.

I deal with a couple of relative large law firms and specifically with a
particular partner, from each, and his or her number of interns,
multiple times during the month. As every one knows "I" do not often
proof read what I post and spell'n is not my strong suite, especially
when spell check is at a loss with what I am trying to spell too. ;~)

Anyway I find it settling, or is it comforting or reassuring that I am
not the only one with mistakes. It puts a grin on my face when I catch
an issue or misstatement on a "draft" that comes directly from one of
those attorneys before he passes it on to one of his interns for the
final version to be mailed. I'm certain the intern will correct any
problems but I think the client is supposed to see the corrected version
first, not last. :~)