Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TIP: avoiding dried up/blocked ink-jet carts

On Fri, 13 Apr 2018 08:38:12 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

On 12/04/2018 23:52, Jon Elson wrote:
N_Cook wrote:

Printer only used monthly , perhaps when new then parking in the cart
dock at the side perhaps works, but not when years old.
A bit of a bind, but less of a bind than squirting air-duster etc to
unblock an ink cart etc etc. At the end of each session remove the
carts. Grab a couple of couple of large party balloons with the neck
cut off.
Stretch over the active face of each cart with a drop of
meths/denatured-alcahol in each balloon and store on a ledge with
balloons dangling.

The ONLY way to avoid bloced jet nozzles is to TOTALLY AVOID inkjet
printers. I CURSE the things! I curse my stupidity in rescuing some of
them from the trash at work and trying to make them work.

We had some at work, and every Monday morning I had to fiddle with them to
get them unblocked. Just 2 days idle during the weekend and they were in
trouble.

Give me a laser printer, please! (Wax jet is the 2nd choice, but the ink is
expensive.)

Jon

I was watching the latest David Attenborough natural history series and
nature got there first. Apparently the mottled colouration on bird eggs
is due to an inkjet printer like process. The caulm containg yolk and
albumen is rotated in a chamber with multiple ducts that eject a
different colour calcium based chemical formulation at different times
building up the patterning, clever stuff. Millions of years before
Epson,Canon, HP etc

That is so cool. I had no idea that was how the eggs got that look.
Thanks for posting.
Eric