Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What resistor to use for a single LED

On Friday, 13 April 2018 13:15:14 UTC+1, Tim R wrote:
On Friday, April 13, 2018 at 4:43:18 AM UTC-4, wrote:

But I do
like the idea of putting two LEDs reversed polarity in there. Easy
enough to do...

Now I'll ask what is certain to be a dumb question. But maybe I'll learn something.

If we have two LEDs in parallel in reversed polarity, and we put 12 volts across them, aren't we exceeding both Vf and Vr? will they share the current, at some calculable ratio?

Sorry for my ignorance, that electrical circuits class was in the 80s.

They both see 12v. Manufacturers only spec them to 5v but IRL they can survive far more.

NT