Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default Heat sink grease

On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 15:42:01 +0100, Lee wrote:

I remember when we had this argument at work after a certain automotive
TV program claimed the same.
We finally settled for 60% mix being better because the higher SHC over
100% ethylene glycol was preferred in a heat transfer system.
Knowing how marginal some automotive cooling systems are, I'd plump for
the 60% mix personally, even if there are other benefits to using 100%.

This was a few years back though, maybe newer coolants behave differently?

I dont know how this got into discussing Antifreeze, but you are
supposed to mix it 50-50. They claim that 100% antifreeze can freeze.
(Personally I have never seen it freeze). But I usually mix around 60%
AF and 40% water. I dont buy that premixed AF. The price is usually
about the same per gallon, so you're paying for water. That stuff is
made for people who are too lazy or stupid to mix it themselves...