Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Lee Lee is offline

Default Heat sink grease

On 12/04/2018 08:30, wrote:

You probably won't find a website that tells this method, but I know of what I speak. Just like you won't find on the web WHY to use 100 % ethylene glycol for your engine coolant, but I can make me case and it is hard to argue against. Anyone wants to dispute it make your case and then my case will bury you. Guaranteed.

I remember when we had this argument at work after a certain automotive
TV program claimed the same.
We finally settled for 60% mix being better because the higher SHC over
100% ethylene glycol was preferred in a heat transfer system.
Knowing how marginal some automotive cooling systems are, I'd plump for
the 60% mix personally, even if there are other benefits to using 100%.

This was a few years back though, maybe newer coolants behave differently?