Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jfeng@my-deja.com is offline

Default What resistor to use for a single LED

I have one of those general purpose 12V auto testers. It came with a
tubular incandescent bulb, about the size of a 3AG fuse. The bulb burned
out, and I am not going to waste a lot of time trying to find a
replacement. The whole tester cost about $15.

All Electronics in Van Nuys, California (actually part of Los Angeles) has them in 6V and 12V versions for less than US$1 each (the 8V versions are a little more expensive, probably because they were used in Marantz receivers).

https://www.allelectronics.com/categ...e-lamps/1.html