Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Cutting boards made of UHMW???

Jack wrote:
On 4/11/2018 12:34 PM, shiggins1 wrote:
On 4/11/2018 10:37 AM, Leon wrote:
On 4/11/2018 8:35 AM, Jack wrote:
On 3/29/2018 5:30 PM, Jerry Osage wrote:

One can purchase a board, or the plans to make it yourself. This is one
of my favorites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVd-jxTmq4g

I only make cutting boards out of trees I cut down in my yard or
friends yard. To me, you can buy working (not art) cutting boards
pretty cheap.

Now this guy makes fancy boards, but I'm more impressed with his
tools. Hell of a bandsaw, hell of a planer, hell of a table saw. This
guy has every right to be a "tool snob". Not easy to make me jealous
(don't care a lick about festering tools) but his tools are the bomb....

Like O.M.G, you said, his tools are the bomb! You sound just like a
an old guy wanting to sound like a teen. ;~)

Tool Snob, some one who makes cynical remarks about some one elses tools.

Wait... THEY don't say "the bomb" anymore?

Depends on your definition of "THEY".

@#$%! I just got out of the habit of saying "the bee's knees".
What do THEY say now?

Whilst I don't recollect every using "the bomb" before, I figured it
would bring the cynical, negative curmudgeons out of the woodwork.

No, what actually brought out the cynical was hearing you start with,
referencing tool snob, and not caring a lick about a particular brand tool.
And now you are not so much impressed with his work as you are with his
tools. Talk about tool snob.

It means the same as the bee's knees or the cat's meow, but like way newer.

Yes, we all know.

And once again your comments, to draw attention , have served you well as
"click bait".
Some one needed to tend to "that" person in the room. This time it was
me.