Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default TIP: avoiding dried up/blocked ink-jet carts

On 10/04/2018 16:20, N_Cook wrote:
Printer only used monthly , perhaps when new then parking in the cart
dock at the side perhaps works, but not when years old.
A bit of a bind, but less of a bind than squirting air-duster etc to
unblock an ink cart etc etc. At the end of each session remove the
carts. Grab a couple of couple of large party balloons with the neck
cut off.
Stretch over the active face of each cart with a drop of
meths/denatured-alcahol in each balloon and store on a ledge with
balloons dangling.

I should say this is for 3 print-offs on card per month for posters. I
doubt I'll be buying a colour laser m/c. I could see myself going to a
High St print shop once a month or perhaps getting 20 or so generic card
posters done at such a print shop and then overprint with my trusty
monochrome HP laser printer, just the changing details once a month. I
doubt the so-called cheap colour laser printers will allow 300gm/m^2 or
stiffer card through them.