Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] bruce2bowser@gmail.com is offline

Default HP LJ4000 prints very lightly near left margin.

On Monday, April 9, 2018 at 2:00:57 PM UTC-4, David Farber wrote:
N_Cook wrote:
On 09/04/2018 18:37, David Farber wrote:
This problem had been happening intermittently. Now it's becoming
more frequent and annoying. A sample is he
http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...int-sample.jpg

Along with the vertical streak of light type that runs the entire
length of the page near the left margin, that same streak has a
rough texture to it when your run your finger over it. The rest of
the paper feels normal. Any ideas what could be causing this? Would
cleaning the laser scanner unit be the next logical step as explained
here?http://www.fortwayneprinterrepair.co...jet-4000-4050/

Thanks for your reply.

The roughness is probably iron filings, the so-called developer.
Maybe dampness, maybe contamination, its not flowing correctly, plus
loss of the material leading to gaps and consequent non moving of the
toner in one section.
Try removing the cartridge and shaking about , to redistribute the
filings

Just now, I gave the toner cartridge a good shaking. I'll let you know if
things improve.

Maybe it must have improved, but its still probably an indication that the cartridge is low and needs refilling/replacing.