Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HP LASER Printer CM1312nfi MFP Toner Cartridges

"A lazer printer for B/W printing. Only B/W printing."

Ihad one. An HP Laserjet 1100+. It was good, black and white, a tank of toner that was huge, it was fast and got the job done. This was a while back and used the parallel port, I had to have two of them, one ran that and the scanner because the Zerox color inkjet woulds not tolerate anything inline, like you used to hook up flatbed scanners. I had a Visioneer 6100B that was VERY good, I mean phenomenal performance. Seen nothing like it before or since.

I bought the Xerox because it had a lengthy cleaning cycle, four color and the print head not in the cartridges. thing made all kinds of noise. Go to print something it was zonk, zong zoook zonk, zonk zook zonk zonk. And so forth. That got irritating but it was supposedly cleaning the head. Well the thing clogged up anyway.

At least the ones with the heads integrated into the cartridge took care of that, but added to the cost of the cartridges. If you print alot you could refill them, but let it set and you need new ones. One day I was in a store and I saw a brand new printer for $ 5, a return. they didn't return the cartridges. After seeing the price of those it sat there I think until they threw it in the dumpster.

So up fill the landfills. The American way. That's why I bought the LASER. Ten years and nothing ever went wrong except the dirty mirror which was sue to that crazy lifestyle. (wake and bake etc.) And running out of toner. When it wouldn't work it must have been a software problem in the PC because it would still make copies, which it will do on its own. The only thing I can bitch about is the cost of the cartridges.

They include new rollers, do all (consumer/small office) LASER printer have that ? I am pretty sure the really big ones have a tank and you just fill it. Is there a lower end model like that ?