Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default Using a non-dimming LED bulb on a dimmer

I have a clip on light that I want to use temporarily for light in a
room I am redoing. The fixture has a dimmer on it, but I dont want to
dim it, just leave it on full brightness.

Can I use a non-dimming LED bulb on this fixture as long as it's left on
full brightness, or will the dimmer damage something just because it's
there?

I've never used a dimmer on LED bulbs, so I am not sure.
If it's a problem, I'll just use an incandescent bulb, since this is
only for a few days anyhow, until I get some permanent lights installed
in the room.

And just for the heck of knowing, what does happen if someone dims the
non-dimming LED bulbs?