Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Electrical Outlets Upside Down? Code?

On Fri, 6 Apr 2018 08:20:30 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/5/2018 11:21 PM, wrote:

The only "book" that counts is the National Electrical Code and it is
silent on the issue.
If you look long enough you will find people arguing the opposite
case. When a plug loosens and starts falling out, ground down assures
the ground connection is the last to break.
Neither are a significant enough reason to drive a code change.

Install them any way you like. The code allows both ways. I personally
like the traditional way of putting the ground on the bottom. Wehn I
moved into my house, I had 2 outlets with the ground on top. That drove
me crazy. At least make them all the same in the same home. (I finally
rotated those two).

Depends on where you live. In the town where I worked, the inspector
wanted them with pin up. Yeah, you can argue with him, we put them pin
up.

Another case of a prick throwing his weight around with nothing to
back him up.

Heshould be in the white house - - -