Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Ham Radio license

I can't think of anyone's opinions and advice I respect more than yours, but...

"As I understand it, no business can get a ham license, because the use of amateur radio for commercial purposes is forbidden. "

That makes sense. I have wondered about businesses owning vehicles, is there a requirement there for at least one person to be in control and put his name on the line, or can it be just in a company name. Same with property. These are things I never found out because I never had any reason to.

"I haven't yet heard of a case in which the

"Sovereign citizen" arguments have actually won out in court."

That is not how it's done. Being sovereign has very little meaning, when you make well into six figures, being a non-taxpayer does have meaning. there is a specific process, and then you can't engage in certain contracts with the government. In fact you can't even sign a W-4 so you will forever be self employed or find an employer who will operate in a way that facilitates your wishes in the matter. I have found employers who simply pay cash so it is a moot point then anyway. No paper trail, nothing happens. Also when you do this you don't just not file a 1040, you CAN'T file a 1040 because it is one of the types of contracts with the government which blows the whole thing, and it only works once. In act, you can't be audited if you don't file. Also, the people who beat them did not file, if you file you lose. When you sign your name at the bottom it is not s receipt, it is a contract and an acknowledgement of jurisdiction to a private corporation, the IRS. Though chartered by the government they are incorporated just like General Motors, no better no worse. Same with the Federal Reserve. When you open a bank account you are entering into a contract with them. In each of those cases the contract is one in which they can change the terms for both parties, you and them at will and you cannot. It is technically repugnant to the common law but since you have the "constitutional" right to sign into it, it flies.

The other thing about tax court, you won't hear about the people who beat them, they do not like to publicize it. That is the same with any court, if you make them fear public scrutiny on anything it works in your favor. In some cases you file nearly all your evidence in the form of affidavits to the clerk of courts so that it is a matter of public record even if the judge has it stricken from the record of the proceedings.

And you're right, a lawyer will not tell you these things. That is unless you pick the right lawyer. That is not the easiest thing to do. For something like a DUI for example when you really are actually guilty, you want one who CAN litigate but you don't want him TO litigate. oyu want one who knows the judge and prosecutor and can get the thing moved into chambers out of the busybodies are MADD etc. but if you cause actual injuries and those people are not satisfied they can make it impossible.

Other matter are totally different story. you can actually defend yourself better than a lawyer because he has a few things in that oath with which you do not have to abide. That is if you know what you're doing, and nobody goes to law school just top defend themselves and without that license they will not be defending anyone else. Of course telling you anything will cost money because it either makes them money or it doesn't. If you don't hire them you can pay for their time and that creates privilege. But you still have to find the right one(s). If you thought finding a good pizza place was hard...

The techniques you use in a tax court, which is a civil court with a few extraordinary powers, are different than those used for a regular tort case or a criminal case. My friends hired an ex-law professor from Harvard to tutor them, and they beat the IRS. he wasn't worried about his oath anymore. He also help one totally wreck them in a criminal trial.

Let's put it this way, if you get caught selling weed (marked money and all) and they find your (expensive I personally know...) grow room, weapons and all kind of ****, what do you expect ? Well with a lawyer he lost, but operating pro se he won the appeal. But that should have happened the first time because unbeknownst to most people, if you win the appeal you are still convicted. Actually the same is true of a presidential pardon.

" It's not an approach I recommend."

I agree, it is not for everybody. But there are some who it does benefit, and that is not publicized.

The instructions for the process look like a phone book.