wahzoo

Default help selecting a manual transfer switch

I'm trying to find the specifics of the double-throw manual transfer
switch I need to run my whole house off my generator.

I'm planning to have a 6000 watt gas generator with a L14-30 type
4-wire output socket in a 3-wire 200 amp house electrical system. I
would like the transfer switch indoors.

My question is which kind of double-throw transfer switch do I need?

fusible 2-pole 3-wire w/SN (sn=solid neutral?)
fusible 3-pole
unfused 3-pole

If I had to guess it'd be "unfused 3-pole" with a breaker panel that
has a main breaker and "fusible 3-pole" with a breaker panel that
contains breakers only for the branch circuits, whatever is cheaper.

I'm I close?

(I've tried to find relevant text in the my 1996 NEC with no success.)

Secondly, I'd wire the generator up like this:

"G" of L14-30 (chassis ground) to earth ground of my house system
"W" of L14-30 to transfer switch neutral
"X" of L14-30 to transfer switch hot
"Y" of L14-30 to transfer switch other hot

Is this right?

Any help appreciated,
wahzoo