Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HITACHI V-353F OSCILLOSCOPE V-353-F

"
My digital scope is an inexpensive Hantek and it draws a line like a
pencil going across the page. At very low sweep speeds like one second
or even less it makes it eaasy to see a waveform where the 465B with
just the blip going across makes it difficult to tell what the waveform is"

As I told Terry S., I have never seen a digital scope do that. And emulating a variable persistence CRT, well that is cool as well. i still like the old scopes. If I were a billionaire I would but an older car. A 1960s or 70s high powered gas guzzling monster that should be licensed as a deadly weapon. My first car was a 1970 Olds Toronado, I still had passing gear at 105 MPH. I know newer cars with much smaller engines can go just as fast, but this thing did it effortlessly. P{ush a 4 cylinder to those limits and you are beating on it. Variable valve timing and direct cylinder injection is nice but it has thousands more moving parts. To move is to wear.

Maybe I am an old fuddy duddy, but I like it, and the old music. I welcome a lawsuit from RIAA because the gigs of music I downloaded used to be in public domain. In fact even movies. Everything I like is old. New and improved is an anethma to me.