Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HITACHI V-353F OSCILLOSCOPE V-353-F

"One of my daily use digital scopes at work is an old Tek TDS460a, it'll scan across the screen as slow as 20 seconds/division."

In my albeit limited experience with sampling scopes I have never seen one do that. I also noticed like noise in the trace that was indiscernable which I thought would be on an analog scope.

I guess I'll have to test drive one. Speaking of driving :

"You could still drive a Model T cross country, but would you? "

Yes I would and I would love every minute of it. But I admiot that it would not be a daily driver.

"Analog scopes had their day. That day is over."

Not as long as they work. You know there are people who can't stand an LCD TV. I have read that some have a wider optical response to the spectrum, perhaps that is the reason. But they either stick with CRT TVs or buy a plasma, I guess because it is actually a phosphor screen.

But so far I have never met a digital scope I liked. Of course that may change in time.