Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default HITACHI V-353F OSCILLOSCOPE V-353-F

In article ,
says...
I have a TEK 465B. When I was learning to use it I was really jazzed
when I watched the discharge of some capacitance in a CNC control I
was diagnosing. I don't know how well a digital scope would show that
as I have no experience with digital scopes.
Eric

I have a 465B and one of the 200 MHz storage scopes. One thing the
storage scope will allow me to do is store a trace on the screen for a
one shot event.

One thing I can not get the storage scope to do is when I put signals
into the x and y axis display for a circle or rotating circle to compair
very close frequencies. The storage scope is very poor for that while
the old analog 465B works very well. Main reason for wanting to do this
is calibrating a time base at 10 MHz from a
RF service monitor to a GPS standard. I know there are several other
ways around this and have used them.

It may be because it is an inexpensive storage scope, a Hanteck one for
about $ 300. Not sure if a more expensive one would do better or not
for this.