Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HITACHI V-353F OSCILLOSCOPE V-353-F

On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 20:46:09 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Last but not least, those who say it is not worth your time, fukum. (well not really)

They have no idea what your time is worth to you.

They have no idea what your friendship is worth to you.

They have no idea what new knowledge and techniques are worth to you.

And, analog scopes are "the bomb" in contemporary vernacular. As you teach with one you slow down the sweep so they can actually see the trace move as you connect a battery, or a speaker output from an amp. I think the study of analog scopes should be mandatory in schools at least in the beginning when they learn the basics. If you can rig up simultaneous voltage and current sensing you can demonstrate reactance, power factor and all kinds of **** in real time. You can make them understand for real rather than just able to do the math. The young need this knowledge for all that is to come, and there is no better way to instill it. I will try to save almost any DC capable scope that has triggered sweep and a decent graticule.

I have a TEK 465B. When I was learning to use it I was really jazzed
when I watched the discharge of some capacitance in a CNC control I
was diagnosing. I don't know how well a digital scope would show that
as I have no experience with digital scopes.
Eric