Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Terry Schwartz Terry Schwartz is offline

Default HITACHI V-353F OSCILLOSCOPE V-353-F

On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 8:54:41 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 8:57:35 AM UTC-4, Terry Schwartz wrote:
That seems unlikely, since they are "down under". Everything is backwards there -- water drips UP from the basement to the upper floors.

You have to wonder what would happen to it if a bunch of water from the second floor dripped down on it.

There is that!

But, one of the nice things about doing "this" as a hobby, is that I have plausible deniability when it comes to expertise. But, over the last 45+/- years, some stuff has stuck.

I have started a new job in a hospital/med-school setting. One of the researchers develops and makes artificial hearts - we had a long discussion on bearings the other day.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Peter, if I ever need an artificial heart, please let the researcher know I want mine with good old Merican bearings. The Chinese bearings are of notoriously poor quality.