Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HITACHI V-353F OSCILLOSCOPE V-353-F

"but any chance he first had one and now two broken probes? Most of us would assume he'd try to swap probes after the first channel went out but..."

Impugn all you want, you are right. It is possible he only has two probes.

Getting this down Fox's ? Stick something in the hole in the BNC connector on the scope and see if you get anything out of it. Sorry, I assume things like this have been eliminated but I have been burned a few times.

A thin gauge wire on a resistor or cap will fit in there. If this has already been checked - disregard.