Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shockproof? Really?

On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 07:40:56 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Hmmm - now that's a novel idea - selling a drill with the dowels.

I bought the kits eons ago, then made my own centering device.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/General-...1014/205585492
They came with brad point bits, so they don't drift so easily. Trying
to fit 2 boards together with imprecisely drilled dowel holes is like
herding cats. Jus tain't possible.

Hence the reason I had for wanting a long auger bit. The need for
through holes on two 3" inch boards.

Who needs auger bits? What sizes and how long? I have a..few.

---